Wednesday 4 March 2009

Wissenlust

I am experiencing something not completely new and yet uncommon.
Desidre for greater knowledge; for every possible piece of knowledge man can have. Especially if it doesn't belong to my specific field.
There is a sick joy in suggesting a better word for a translation about chemistry, and a sick displeasure in noticing that after all, I don't know exactly how brain works.
For five years of high school I've been pampered with the idea of the "absolute man" who could master every knowledge. Now, I want more.

Therefore, I am going to study some more right now.

Munin




Phlogiston: noun, a substance believed in earlier times to exist in all xombustible matter and to be released in combustion; the observed effects were subsequently found to be due to oxygen.
From Foyle's Philavery, a treasury of unusual words

No comments: